Double Vision in my Left Eye
8 days ago I went to Urgent care for a bad cold and also double vision in my left eye. If I close my right eye there is no double vison, however things I look at with the one eye slightly flutter.  All symptoms hit me at the same time.  I ended up getting a CT of my head/eyes looking for eye stroke or tumors.  All were negative.  I was put on Sipro/Steroids/Inhaler/MucenixD.  This is now day 8 and not better. Primary Care doc says I have acute sinutus & bronchitis.  I now have an appt. with another eye specialist on Wed.  I do wear glasses/contacts.  I have never had anything like this happen before.  My husband went to the pharmacy this evening to get me a nasal wash.  He said he is seeing this problem in Arizona in many people and said it was an unknown serious virus.  A friend of his is on week 3 and still not better.  Same symptoms as myself.  Do you have any clue as to what this could be or where to get help.  I can't drive and bright light is awful.  Please help.  Thank you.
If the double vision goes away when you close your right eye, this means your eyes
have lost their alignment. This could be because you are sick and your eye muscles are tired and not working well or it could be because a virus has affected a nerve serving the eye muscles or something else. If it is the virus, they usually get better.

Your ophthalmologist should be able to give you good advice depending on your findings.