Eye Care Expert Forum
Double vision/Dizzy

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Double vision/Dizzy
My husband has been having double vision and dizzy spells especially when he lowers he eyes or turns too fast..it starts the eye problems..he has to shut his eyes and sit down as is very dizzy and off balance when this occurs.  
An MRI has been done with no sign of problems..he is on prednisone for PMR.  Been to eye doctor and nothing shows up..been to ear doctor..nothing shows up.  We are at a loss..help!  Sharm
This could represent somet type of vertigo such as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.  I suggest he sees a neurologist or ENT doctor tht specializes in the treatment of vertigo.  You can also have him seen by an ophthalmologist - but usually this is an inner ear or possibly a cerebellar (balance area of brain) problem.  If inner ear  problem then exercises can help sometimes.  Also he needs to have his hearing checked to rule out assocaited ear problems.

MJK MD

MJK MD