Double vision after LASIK
I just did my LASIK operation 3 weeks ago. Since the 2nd day after my operation, I have been having double vision from my left eye. Why is that so? is it a side effect from LASIK? How can I gain back a sharp vision from my left eye again? I am very worried. Will wearing spectacles help?
You had the surgery so that you wouldn't have to wear glasses. You may need lasik "enhancements" if the problem continues.

These are things that you must of necessity get from your surgeon.

JCH MD
Thank you JCH. Will an enhancement surgery increase the risk of having even more side effects, as lifting up the flap again might cause more damage to the cornea? Is the double vision a result of unsuccessful surgery? as i am having 6/6 vision on my left eye, just that the ghost image is not allowing me to have a sharp focus.
While we try to be helpful here we do not give information that can only or should only come from the surgeon.

JCH MD
Hi...
I kinda have a quite similar problem. first I am a 21 yo male, i had Lasik done on both eyes about 6 days ago. I was very much aware of the risks since I am a fourth year medical student but I decided to undergo surgery any way! i was shortsighted (L2.50 - R2.00) the second day after Lasik I developed blurred and double vision in my left eye, my right eye vision is good. when i cover my right eye i see double images, but when i open it my vision gets a little spooky, better but it feels like one eye is taking over the other or something. just weird!

now my family pointed out that my eyes hasn't been perfectly aligned after my Lasik as they were before!

my question is, how does all this come together? and should i be worried? or is it more likely that things will go back to normal?

sorry for the elongation and thank you very much..