Eye Care Expert Forum
Dry/Crusty eyelashes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Dry/Crusty eyelashes

This may sound really crazy but for the last few days my eyelashes, especially the bottom ones have been really dry and crusty like.  The left one is a little red and irritated.

I just got over pink eye and last Friday my doc. said a little infection left but that I should just finish the drops, he didn't ask to see me back.

Could it be an infection? I have dry eye and thought it might just be part of that.
Tags: irritable
It is possible you are allergic to the antibiotic eye drops - especially if it has neomycin in it.  If you have been on a drop with neomycin you should see your eye doctor to see if you are having an allergic reaction.  If no neomycin - then it's hard to say what you might have - possible a persistant infection, other allergic reaction, or other problem.  Best to see ophthalmologist if problem persists.

MJK MD
Avatar n tn
i suffered for years with blufferidous a condition of the eyelashes.crusting ozzing.a condition i had for 20 plus years then a dr. told me to use head and shoulders in my hair and allow it to run over my face when washing my hair.i have been free of this for a long time. i use the shampoo twice a week and allow it to run over my eyes when i rince .didnt take long to see a great improvement.my child also had this and head and shoulders cleared us both ..good luck let me know if this helps