Dry Eye And Stds
Hi, I have a quick question,

I am a 22 year old male, no contacts, and perhaps being slightly overly paranoid.

Can dry eye be caused by any std or hiv out of no-where?
Went to an opthamologist and he just told me that its just dry eye although its a bit weird that I suddently got dry eye syndrone and never had it before. Should I be concerned?

I have talked to Dr Hook:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---Prevention/Do-I-have-an-HIV-risk/show/1863491

But did not meantion Dry Eye Syndrome to dr hook as one of my symtoms.

2 weeks into my encounter: my eye started to get irriated and red
4th week - went to see primary care dr - said it was pink eye & prescribed me pink eye medication. It didn't have any effect. He also told me that i had a sinus infection also.
6th week - went to walmart eye center, didn't know what it was and prescribed me combo steroid eye drop.
8th week - went to  opthamologist and said it was dry eye and that my pink eye medication made my eyes very dry. He said that I never had pink eye.

Any opinions in this situation? Basically the dr told me that my eye problem was dry eye? Why did it appear out of nowhere?

My eye will generate some type of oily film and  will appear on my eye lid. Dr explained to me that this is non contagious and its oil film generated due to the lack of tears in my eyes.
No STD does not cause dry eyes.    Dry eyes are often accompanied by "blepharitis"   Read the Today's Pulse on dry eyes. Use the search feature and archives to read about dry eyes and blepharitis treatment.

JCH MD