Eye Care Community
Dry Eye With No Watering

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Dry Eye With No Watering

I know watery eyes are one of the symptoms of dry eye.  Is it possible to have dry eyes and not have any watering of the eyes?  I've been told by doctors that I have dry eyes but have not experienced any of the watering.  I just started Restasis and am hoping that I've been correctly diagnosed.
"dry eyes" is now called "tears dysfunction syndrome" and runs the gamet from a totally dry eye with no tears to an eye that tears all the time.

Use the search feature and read the many many informative discussions about tears dysfunction.

Remember a trial of restasis is 4 months minimum and that if often stings when you start it. My wife is on restasis and it has done wonders for her and hundreds of my patients.

JCH MD