Eye Care Community
Dry Eyelids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Dry Eyelids

I need help with my eyelid problem, they are extremely dry, sore, red, and flakey top bottom and especially in the inner corners of the eyes.
I have tried all sorts of moisturizers for dry sensitive skin,  plus specialised eye creams for dry eye and all seem to make the skin sting and react more, so have started using warm and cold compressors at night to help with the stinging and prevent the swollen look I tend to get in the mornings.
I have used allergy eyedrops which have not worked and have been told maybe it's Belpharitis but I do not have the crusted eyelashes or itchy eyelid symtoms (symptoms) could it still be this without those symtoms (symptoms)?
Plus do you have any advice on what moisturizer I can use that will not causes the stinging sensation when used, at the moment I am using QV but it is not workind too well and most other moisturizers cause the entire face to break out including the eyelids.

Please help
Try  Refresh-PM ophthalmic ointment to moisturize the lids. Will not hurt if it gets in the eye. Available over the counter at large drug stores.

JCH IIIMD