Dry eye problem
For the last few years I have been suffering from dry eye problems.  I would wake up in the middle of the night with blurred vision, scratchy, hard to focus, and sensitivity to light.  I also wake up in the morning with this.  I have been putting perservative free eye drops in my eyes but it doesn't seem to be helping.  I was told that taking fish oil & flasx seed supplements helps with dry eye.  Is this true?  If so how many milligrams should I take and how many a day?

Thank you.  
You need to see an ophthalmologist.  Dry eyes are frequently associated with blepharitis. You many need treatment with medical drops, plugs, lid hygiene, etc.

Dr. O.
I have seen an opthalmologist and have been told to just keep putting the eye drops in.  And since I am trying to get pregnant restasis is not safe.  The plugs from what I've been told tend to fall out alot.  

Thank you for your input.  Is the fish oil supplement okay to take? will it help?
If your dry eye has been formally diagnosed by an opthalmologist (so you're sure that's what is going on with your eyes), there is an excellent dry eye forum here with lots of input from fellow sufferers:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/