Eye Care Expert Forum
Dry eyes and dizziness
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dry eyes and dizziness

I have been suffering dizziness for 2 months now.  My doctor has done all kind of test and a CT and found nothing.  I'm slightly love in iron but not iron difficient.  I'm slightly low in B1.  I'm currently taking supplement for iron and B1 for a week.  The dizziness and nausea is constantly there, low grade but I had 3 attacks at 3 different times and it seemed to relate to my eyes somehow.  I noticed my eyes are extremely dry lately, for the last few months.  Dry to the point that every morning I wake up already and couldn't open my eyes.  I have to rub them for a while then the lids can open. I saw an opthomalogist on Friday who placed 2 tiny plugs on my lower tear duct openings to keep the treat in my eyes.

I took lots of Meclizine in the past for motion sickness and insomia and I also used Latisse for the eyelash growth.  Last use on Meclizine is about 4 weeks ago.  Last use on Latisse is a few months ago.  Can these two cause this kind of dryness on my eyes?

3 dizziness attacks I had one time started with a glaze on the sun when I stepped out of a room.  The last two happened when I diced onion and the onion made me cry.

Is the dry eye causing my dizziness and what can I do?  Thank you.