Eye Care Expert Forum
Dull Achy Pain around eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Dull Achy Pain around eye
Hi there, I've been having blurry, double vision in both eyes.  My right eye has gotten alot worse over the past few months, I have an appt with an Opthomologist in Feb, it takes along time to get an appt.  My vision get worse at times in the one eye, blurry like a filmy wrap is covering it.  I get a dull ache with it when I move my eye.  Yesterday I noticed I'm getting pain in the eye socket of both my eyes.  the Pain is not a dull ache but more of a sharp pain just below the eye brow.  Like someone punch me in the eye?  They are not red or swollen at all, but the right eye is still blurry and my double vision has gotten worse on and off.  I have been Dx with MS but don't know if this is from MS or something else.  I'm almost 60 now. thanks for any help or answers
Given your history of MS, the diagnosis of optic neuritis needs to be excluded, although it is less common for someone in your age group.  Regardless, if your visual symptoms are progressive, I would definitely try to be seen sooner than February since some more serious conditions such as retinal detachment and vascular occlusions in your eye or the vessels feeding the circulation into your eye need to be excluded given your age and description of  your symptoms.  See if describing your symptoms to the office staff can allow them to schedule you as an emergency add-on patient rather than a routine new patient.
thank you Dr, I will call the office tomorrow and see if it's possible.  Thanks again
wobbly