Dull ache behind eye part of long list

A couple of months ago a very painful dull ache started behind my right eye socket.
It's gotten worse in the past week and has caused vision changes that have kept me in bed the past 2 days to avoid movement and light.

I'm a bit nervous and am not sure if I should ask for an opthanmology appt because this is unrelated to some serious issues that may or may not be unrelated. I have not mentioned the eye pain to Dr.
CT scan's were done to head and abdomen recently and an oncology surgeon referral was made, but not sure why.

should I treat eye pain as separate issue and see someone before the referral that's not for another 40 days.

Advice appreciated.

This discussion is related to Unilateral proptosis and dull ache.
You need to see an ophthalmologist.  The sooner the better.  Tell them you have pain.

Dr. O.