Eye Care Expert Forum
Dust in eye?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Dust in eye?

It seems like there is a piece of lint and some spots(specks) on my eye or maybe under my cornea.  I wear contacts and took them out and cleaned them and cleaned my eye and it is still there.  I kept the contacts out for about 20 hours.  It seems to float back and forth but doesn't change position.  There is no pain and it started yesterday afternoon.  Is my cornea scratched?
You know I can't tell what is going on without seeing your cornea.  A scratch would be painful or irritated (unless you have contact in which would cover up the pain.)  Please don't wear the contact, use artificial tears every 30 minutes or so and see an EyeMD Ophthalmologist.  Sorry - just one of those things that has to be seen in person.  I'm always very cautious with contact lens wearers because they get the worst corneal problems generally.

MJK MD