Eye Care Expert Forum
EYE INFECTION AGAIN

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

EYE INFECTION AGAIN
I can't seem to understand why I am having all these eye infections.  9 months ago I had a case of Wet MD and was given Avastin and have been stable since the one injection, thanks be to God.  Since then it seems like I have had infection after infection in that eye. I went through a dry eye spell but the Restasis seems to have really helped that.  

Monday I went back to the eye doc for the 100th time it seems. For a couple of days my left eye was a little blurry (which always scares a person with md). It was also red, bottom eyelid puffy, and felt like something was in it.  He looked and said Macula was stable, my vision had went from 20/25 to 20/30 in that eye, he attributed that to the fact that he said I had irritation under my upper eye lid and scratches on my cornea ( not sure what all that means or how it happens). He said the drops should improve condition quickly.

He prescribed PREDNISOLONE ACETATE OPHTHALMIC SUSPENSION- ONE DROP LEFT EYE THREE TIMES DAILY. I have used this for two days and have seem NO improvement. My eye still itches, its still red, puffy and my vision is not up to par.  

What can I do and Why do I keep getting these infections?
Recurrent acute infections of the eye are rare. You more likely have some chronic problem like dry eyes, blepharitis, eyelash problems, etc causing the problem.

Your eye drop is a potent steroid with many side effects.

I would suggest you get a second opinion from an Ophthalmologist Eye MD with a specialty in corneal/external eye disease.  Find one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD