Ear canal connected to eyes
For the past couple years, I've been noticing that whenever I have an excess of tears (due to allergies, crying, irritation, etc), I feel wetness in my ears.  It's very noticable in the bottom ear when I'm laying on my side.  It's never dripping out, but I sometimes dry it with a Qtip because it is so bothersome.  I realize nobody I've ever talked to has experienced this.  I even asked an ENT once, and he told me it was impossible because my eardrums are intact and completely healthy looking.  He said the wetness is probably because I use Qtips and the skin is dried out and irritated, which causes the skin inside to "weep."
I swear that when I wear a lot of dark eye makeup, the Qtip comes out of my ear greyish-black.  I did forget to mention to the ENT that maybe five years ago, I had an outer ear infection where I was prescribed acetic acid drops.  I laid on my left side and put the prescribed amount in my right ear so it wouldn't drain out and get wasted.  A few seconds later, I felt the acetic acid in my eyes burning terribly.  Maybe I have some strange deformation of the ear, but how else could I have this happen?

My symptoms sound very much like this user's: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/Eye-and-Ear-connection/show/388607#post_2284914

This discussion is related to Eye and Ear connection?.
I mean to say that I felt the acetic acid in my right eye.
No anatomical connection is likely unless you are the lone person on this earth with an eye-ear pipeline.

How is it possible? The same things that can irritate the eye can irritate the sinuses' and skin that lines the nose, throat and ear.

JCH MD
SAME HERE. And I'm not crazy. I wear liquid liner and it often seeps out through my eyes also... Tear duct? But DEFINITELY has been inside my ear before also,
Same here. Weat eyears with intact ear  drums when cry or in the morning some times. My MD had no explanation ether.
Eyes and ear are both connected to nose? Could  these connections be aligned in some cases such way that liquid can pass from eyes to ears?
=
I experience this as well, but only when I cry laying down! I lay on my side and the bottom ear always ends up wet. I've been told that it's probably just my tears rolling down my face into or onto my ear, but I always have earbuds in. How is it possible for my tears to run down my face, back into my ear, and within my earbud as it appears? It isn't. The tears have to come from within and that's really just simple physics.

Looks like you have clones. And as to tears coming out your ears from your eyes (instead of them coming into the ear from the outside), that's not physics that's delusion.
I also have this but it only affects my right ear. When I cry, my right ear gets wet from inside the ear canal. It doesn't bother me I just find it interesting. I wondered was there some unusual connection between eye and ear or was there a gland in my ear that reacts when I cry. I've heard of someone else this happens to, so you're not alone!
=
Hi again. I've been looking into this some more and doing a bit of research. (I also work on a craniofacial team & have a lot of interest in this area). I wonder could this be an example of (apologies for the medical jargon) a periauricular first branchial cleft anomaly. These are extremely rare, although people can have them without causing symptoms and not realise. Females usually have them more than males. It's nothing to worry about by the way. You can have a fistula (or pipe, like the Dr said above) which connects two structures. There is a medical case report for example about someone whose salivary gland (submental - or under the chin - which is v. unusual) was connected to her ear canal. When she ate saliva would come out her ear. You can have other unusual ones connecting different structures in the face that you wouldn't think possible. Just a thought.
I did a quick medical literature search on PUBMED and nothing came up. I did an internet search engine and found other people have this complaint. Also found that a 2001 song by Homer & Jethrie is called "I have tears in my ears from laying on my back crying over your"  I doubt any brachial cleft anomaly would cause this.  The salivary glands are not stimulated during crying just the tear gland. Otherwise you would drool when crying. In any case just carry two handkerchiefs  one for your nose and one for your ears and don't mix them up
There are quite a no. of articles on pubmed about first branchial clefts. You can get quite unusual versions of them.
The one I referenced is at:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24669347
Free to read online. They speculate there was an infra-auricular fistula that closed due to infection.

In my case I'm not speculating the salivary glands are relevant (although it might depend why you are crying? too much chilli?)
The human body is wonderfully complex and variable. Who knows whether there are people contrary to what you would expect that do have a connection from their eye, or from their nasolacrimal gland, to their ear? Never say never. From experience, standard anatomy textbooks don't always account for the strange weird and wonderful variations that you can come across.
I wouldn't dismiss people's reports of unusual happenings in their body - I would try to understand.
Don't need a hankie thanks, this really is not an issue for me! ;)
I didn't say there no reports of unusual first brachial clefts. If you want to reference one that reports causing tearing out the ear post it.  I'm not dismissing anything or anyone. If someone comes here and says they can talk out their belly button and drink through their ears all I'm going to say is there is not likely anyone else of the 7.5 billion people on this planet that have the same problem and I'm not going to try and understand.
And that's how medical science advances?!
=