Elbowed in the eye
I was accidentally elbowed in the eye about one and half weeks ago. There was no swelling , redness of the eye or pain, just a soreness.

Went to see an optometrist after 4 days as the front of the eye was tender when blinking. Also, the upper cheek was slightly numb.

Optometrist said:  Normal vision
                            Retina normal
                            Intra ocular pressures normal
                            Slit lamp normal
                            Eye movements normal

Optometrist said that my eye was probably just bruised and would heal on its own.

The eye is very slowly improving but still feels different to the other eye. Has the optometrist missed something?

Do I have a fracture, corneal oedema or anterior uveitis?

What is bruising of the eye? Shouldnt I be given something for it.? If not, will I develop other problems in the future because it was left untreated..

Please help

Thanks, Elena
-
Sounds like you optometrist is right and it is just a bruse.  It will heal just like any other bruse, no special treatment necessary.  I have had uveitis several times, so I speak from experience, that you don't have anterior uveitis.  The symptoms for anterior uveitis are extreme pain, photophobia, redness by the iris and decreased vision.  If you develop any of those syptoms, call your optometrist right away.  But I think you are on the mend, it will just take time to heal.
-