Eye Care Expert Forum
Epi Sclerosis? Help

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Epi Sclerosis? Help

I had a very red eye and I went to my eye doctor and he diagnosed me with, I think he said epi sclerosis? And he prescribed to me Fluoromethol (some steroid?) I think, and my red eye went away but once i stopped the treatment it came back a week later and i keep getting it on and off now, in both eyes. What is happening? Should I keep taking the drops? Is there a problem with my eyes?
Call your ophthalmologist and get into to be seen again. I cannot direct your care but it sounds like there is still some persistant inflammation and irritation.  The doctor may continue the same treatment or look in to other treatments.  Sometimes diagnostic testing can be useful for certain cases.  I'm not suprised that things didn't just go away - that's not uncommon.  Talk to your  doctor.