Eye Care Community
Episcleritis prevention

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Episcleritis prevention

3898119?1232502969
For 4 years my eye get inflamed.Off and on some time the right eye and some time the left eye.Never know how long it will stay but always get medical help.This time Dec 22 eye got so bad the pain went from eye to,ear,jaw,neck it was the worse so cloase to Christmas.I would like to know how to prevent this from happening if at all possible.This time specialist from London Ontario Canada Ivey eye Clinic is looking after this bout of red eye.He has prescribed Prednisone for over 4 weeks before next appointment.Second opinion from anyone that has sufferred from something so mystifying.Janine
The cause is unknown.  No know way to prevent.  Treat symptomatically.

Dr. O.
Thank you .That is the answer all Doctors have told me.Eye health is important and everyone wants to see.At this point my eye sight is fine.Please get back to me if anyone else has a remedy to help get rid of episcleritis and get rid of the eye pain.
Janine
Dealing with the same condition..I have been told by my ophtalmologist to take vitamins for eye dryness and clean the eye lids on the surface twice daily.  Maybe this would help.  The condition is tricky, and many doctors are too fast to give steroid drops.  While they help, my doctor advised application of hot compress on the affected eye as well..

Ig
NJ, USA