Esophoria/vision therapy/dyslexia
I have a child who turns 7 in a month.  I started noticing she was writing no just b's and d's but mutiple numbers and letters and even her own name backwards.  I had her tested and was told it was esophoria.  Some of it ring true and some doesn't.  Vision Therapy has been recommened and is fairly expensive with no individualized limit placed on how much she needs. She had been recommended for the "standard" of 12 weeks 3x a week for one hour at the doctors office and about 30 minutes of at home each nite.  Also our school is having a problem with accepting and administering a plan for her learning and over coming this in school. =
Vision therapy is very controversial. Optometrists use it a lot. There are no convincing studies that it works. I don't know of one ophthalmologist (Eye MD) who uses vision therapy. Take your child to a pediatric ophthalmologist. These doctors are usually found in medium to large cities. Check www.aao.org.