Excess white blood cells on retina?

I was getting fitted for new glasses the other day, and my optometrist noticed that I had an unusually high number of white blood cells floating around in the back of my eye.  I had recently recovered from a contact scratch in my right eye, so I figured the WBC's might be there because of that, but I found it a little odd that they were in both eyes when the left eye was never injured (that I know of).  Apparently, this problem is interfering with my vision to the point that they can't find a stable prescription; the refractive readings were inconsistent.

Do you think that the extra WBCs in both eyes are a result of the scratch in the one eye, or some other unknown condition that I should have examined by an optometrist?  Also, if this is just an infection response, how long would it be, approximately, before my prescription would be stable?

Thanks for your help!

I am not a doctor. I am a community leader here. I have a lot of experience helping eye patients, especially me.

You need an EYE MD, an OPHTHALMOLOGIST. Find one at www.aao.org. He will tell you about your RX. Optometrists are not doctors, but they fill RX written by MDs.

See an MD to answer your concern.

Welcome to our community. Write back if you need to.
I agree with Anna E

JCH III MD