Eye Care Community
Excessive Blinking/Spasm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Excessive Blinking/Spasm

I am a 19 year old male college student and was hoping you'd be able to help me out. About 6 or 7 years ago I began to blink rather excessively. The excessive blinking goes around the clock without stop. I would probably have to say that I blink more than 3 or 4 times a second. The problem isnt just the amount that I blink it's that the blinking isnt just normal 'calm' blinking, but a more forceful blinking that involves most of the muscles around my eyes as well as if i were shutting my eyes really hard to make a wish or pray. It sometimes also makes me clench my teeth. I don't know how all these symptoms are related but if there were any cure at all, you have no idea how appreciative I'd be. It's not just dry or irritated eyes either because when i focus on not doing it, I can stop. But i literally have to think about nothing but not blinking to do that, so it's not really a long term option. Hope someone can help. Thanks.