Excessive blinking
hi, im 21 and ive been periodically excessivley blinking for (i think) over 10 years. It tends to comes
in the summer and Winter and if anyone has had these problems mit is extremely irritating. Ive read lots of forums that have hinted it could be allergies, lack of sleep, stress, neurology related things and so on. I am one of many 'excesive blinkers' who have good eyesight aswell, and wouldnt consider myself to be too stressed. I did have my finals afew weeks ago but it seems to be worse now than it is then. I also do the 'hard blink' which ive seen discussed and i dont know if its related i sometimes twitch my stomoch. The fact that it comes and goes it one which baffles me to self diagnose it. The blinking seems to get worse when im made aware of it and the worse it gets it often results in a sore head. Ive previously taken hayfever tablets and of what i can remember i dont think they make a difference. I should also mention that i feel i have some control over my blinks, however when the dreaded months come if i make a concious effort to keep my eyes open for a prolonged amount of time i canfeell them getting irriated which might relate to 'dry eye'. If anyone could offer advice or share there experiences it would be most welcome.

This discussion is related to 8yr old, periodic outward rolling eyes, excessive blinking and nasal twitching.
It is probably stress.  See a neuro-ophthalmologist to rule out an organic cause.

Dr. O.
On some levels i can accept the stress issue but ive had it when i was 10 and on holiday in a stress free atmosphere but im happy to keep an open mind and try to find out the cause and find a solution!
If it makes your eyes sting, or dry, to keep them open for a "normal" amount of time then it seems to me that you might truly have dry eyes. Does it help to use eye drops?