Eye Care Community
Eye (Blinking) Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eye (Blinking) Pain

The pain seems like it has to do with the muscles around my eye. Every time I blink, I feel pain around the left eyeball itself, going from under my eyeball, around to the outter corner of my eye, and under my eye lid where most of the pain is. There is no pain toward the inner corner of my eye. It also hurts when I touch my eye lid.

I wear glasses (not all the time, like I am supposed too) and I work in front of the computer often. I started staying up very late for the pass few days. It first began when I was slightly sick and when my finals began in school, then, the pain was very little and not as irritating. Now that we have regents this week, my cold has gotten worse (with stuffy/runny nose & sore throat), and so has the pain around my eye. Many people are saying its because of eye strain and/or stress, and that I just need alot of rest.
I just want to make sure that it is nothing is wrong with the choroid, sciera or even the optic nerve.