Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye Contacts Developing a Blurry Film.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye Contacts Developing a Blurry Film.

I have been wearing the same brand (Acuvue Oasis for Astigmatism) soft contact lenses for 3-4 years.  Recently, they have been developing a weird film on them.  The film is spotty, grayish in color, and develops in areas making my vision blurry.  This happens even with a new set of contacts and I even bought a whole new box of contacts, thinking this was happening because they were expired.  I also tried lubricating eye drops in case it was because of dry eyes.  Can anyone tell me why this might be happening and how to remedy it?  It's frustrating not being able to see.
It may be you are using the wrong kind of cleaning/storing solution.  Consider switching to a different brand that removes protein build up and rub the contacts daily and never sleep in them.  If that doesn't help, consult your prescribing doctor to see what is going on.

HV