Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye Damage After Neck XRAY?
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
3163197 tn?1343784283
Eye Damage After Neck XRAY?
Hi, I was just wondering if an XRAY machine in a hospital has enough radiation to damage my retina after just one time? I had to get a neck XRAY, 2 sides and then me facing the front of the light. The reason I am worried is because there was this really bright white light when I walked in and I accidentally looked at it, and then started seeing little white flecks, which got me worried. The technician did not notify me to use any eyewear and it didn't seem like a big deal to him. Then after the zaps or rays my eyes started feeling really achey, dry, and tired, and sensitive to the hospital lights. When I got home I continued to see flecks, strings, glittery specks, black dots. And I have no preexisting eye conditions, and I am just worried that my eyes are not permanently damaged. The whole incident happened today, and I just hope it goes away. Please let me know if I need to get my eyes checked???

THANKS!!!!!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1573381 tn?1296151159
You should go see an ophthalmologist because of your symptoms but they are not from the Xray machine.

HV
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
This Forum's Experts
233488 tn?1310696703
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker