Aa
A
A
Close
Eye Floater at age 25
Hi,
I have developed eye floaters 5 months ago. I have around 5-10 floaters on each eye with 1-2 long ones. Also, I can see some floater even during night inside rooms that has while lights. After developing this floaters by 3-4 days, I went to an optometric physician (Dr) who performed a comprehensive eye exam with dilation exam. My exam came OK and I do not have flashes, or loss vision.
He thinks I'm fine and I do not need any extra exams, or treatments. However, I'm still worry because my condition is not improving. Should I go to another Dr? Is there any treatment beside surgery?  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
Floaters often, indeed usually, don't go away. What usually happens is the brain stops paying attention to them and they fade out of awareness, this is called neuroadaptation.

Use the search feature and archives to read about floaters and PVD's. Also go to Dr. Hagan's blog and read the articles posted there about how floaters decrease quality of life.

I would suggest you see an Eye MD ophthalmologist as the training and experience of the typical Eye MD far exceeds that of an optometrist.

You can find one near you at www.geteyesmart.org

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
Top Eye Care Answerers
177275 tn?1438375244