Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye Pain and dizziness
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Eye Pain and dizziness

Hi! I have been having severe right eye pain  -I  had an eye check up and got new glasses - same prescrip as always.  Anyway, I also have been having a ton of dizziness and lightheadedness too, headaches bad among other symptoms.  Oh and the latest is short time blurrienss that goes away and comes back even with glasses.

Anyway, I had an ENG test and the results were never read to me.  Caloric Test results revealed a mildly abnormal 31% Unilateral Weakness toward the right side and a 24 % Directional Preponderance toward the left side.
ENG Test results were moderately consistent with a potentilal periperal vestibular problem on the right side. However, the nystagmus appeared to be present even without activation by positioning. Other non-vestibular involvement cannot be ruled out at this time.  Refer for follow-up medical consulation.

I wondered if that is Normal or if I should make an appointment to see an Opthamolgist or anyone because of the Results?  I have a variety of symptoms, is why the doctor sent me for the test.  I am no longer seeing him because he doesn’t take my pcp insurance now.  Any help would be appeciated.  Thank you so much ahead of time.