Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye Problem

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye Problem
The bottom of my left eye (where is lashes are located) has sagged downward, making the left eye look higher than the right eye.  I saw my optamologist, everything is OK (pressure, no glacoma, etc.).  I would appreciate any information on why this is happening.  Thank you.
Sometimes this can be due to a weakness in the lower lid, causing the downward sagging of the lower lid.  Ask your ophthalmologist for a recommendation to see an oculoplastic specialist; these ophthalmologists are experts in diagnosis and treatment of lid disorders.