Eye Care Community
Eye Stye
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eye Stye

Hi there, the onset of my stye was approximately 2 weeks ago.  I immediately put warm compresses for days and it started draining 6 days after this and swelling went down and now I have bump although I have been using compresses every single day for 10 to 15 minutes 4-5 times daily.  It is now 2 weeks ....how long will it take to completely go away and is there value to use over the counter antibiotic eye cream like Polysporin eye ointment for styes?  

Please help
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
It can takes months to complete resolve.  If not you will need surgery for a chalazion.  Polysporin will not help at this stage.

Dr. O.
Blank
Hi there, thank you for your response. Is it a chalazion because a bump has remained?
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
Essentially yes.

Dr. O.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources