Eye Care Community
Eye Twitch (follow-up) and lip/chin twitch
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eye Twitch (follow-up) and lip/chin twitch

Hi,

I posted on here several days ago about my aggravating eye twitch. One doctor on here told me it was probably myokymia, which can last several days or weeks.

I still have a twitch in my upper eyelids. It was predominate in my left eye and now is more dominate in my right eye. It seems as though the dominate eye has "jumped" from one side to the other. Is this ok?

Also, over the past few days, I've noticed that maybe once a day, I'll feel a slight twitch/spasm/vibration either in my upper lip, at my jaw bone near my chin, OR on the cheek area directly beneath my eye (NEVER all at once though). It's not a MAJOR spasm. I've read about hemifacial spasms, and this doesn't seem near as bad as that condition can become. (also, I'm a 20 year old female, if that makes a difference)

My parents really want me to hold off on going back to the doctor so soon because all too often I run to the doctor for something that turns out to be minor. I'm just overly cautious, I guess!

I've tried eating bananas and gatorade because I've read sometimes twitching can have to do with electrolytes. Yesterday, I really had no twitching problems all afternoon (which was the first time since all this started). But now, this morning, it seems to be starting again. I guess I just started getting a little anxious when my face started having the symptoms I mentioned above, IN ADDITION, to the eye twitching. Do you think it could be anything serious or still probably something benign like myokymia?

thanks for your help!
-shannon