Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye Twitch

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye Twitch
Hello there, I have a quick question. I have a twitch under my left eye which has been there for a week now. Its there all day long and is very very annoying. I called my eye doctor, they said its nothing to worry about (I go to see him in 2 weeks) and my primary care doctor said the same as well.

Have you seen cases of eye twitches that last weeks at a time?  Its very annoying and it worries me as well.

Thank you.
Try the following:
1)make sure you get a full 8 hours of sleep for a few nights in a row
2)  Cut back on your caffeine intake
3)  Try and decrease stress you may have by relaxation techniques etc

If still there in another 2 weeks, go see a neurologist.

HV
Thank you, doctors seem to think it is not a big deal since there are no other symptoms that go with it other then the lower eye lid twitch. It can be very concerning though.