Eye Vitamins
Hello, I have the wet macular degeneration and just found that out. Its in my left eye with
dry in the right eye. My problem is I cant swallow the large pill or take a oval capsule. I am
a  Laryngectomee,  Had radiation 36 treatments also so I have a very narrow esophgus
mainly take liquid prescriptions etc. My question is there must be some pills that I can smash
out there. I got some ICaps but they all medicine has the red and yellow dye in them and my prothesis
turn orange and it stains me. Is there some other eye vitamins out there that dont have the red and yellow
dys in them and can be crushed? I really need to take these.
Thanks for you help and time.
Carol
1. Go to Dr. Hagan's blog and read the section on macular degeneration.
2. Dry ARMD capsules: a. multivitamin. You will be able to find a crushable without dye (generic centrum)  b. two or three fish oil/day. You can get a colorless omega 3 from www.cardiotabs.com  c. leutin 20 mgm comes in colorless crushable pill d. AREDS formulation for dry ARMD. Go on the internet. There are a large number of generic manufacturers besides the brand names (I-cap, Preservision, Ocuvite), I'm sure you can find one that is colorless.  You may need to call their 800 free customer service # to ask if colorless as most ads don't show pill.

JCH MD