Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye and lip

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye and lip

I woke up Saturday morning and my lips seemed to be twitching an awful lot. It continues throughout the day and I didn't think much of it. Then, later on that day, my eye on the right side became really irritated. When I looked in the mirror, I noticed that my eye wasn't fully closing when I blinked and also that the left half of my lips were swollen. I took allergy medicine helping it would but it did nothing. I hoped it would go away on its own but my eye continues to burn and excessively water. Now my smile it crooked and still swollen. Are these two things related or just an unfortunate coincidence? Thanks.
You likely have Bell's Palsy.  You need to go see your doctor right away and also to make sure a stroke is not a possibility.  You need to get eye ointment for your eye to keep it lubricated (especially at night).  Go see an ophthalmologist also first chance you get.

HV