Eye clot
Dear Dr, My brother had an eye clot in the centre of the macular, probably due to a lesion in the artery. He is 35 years old. His doctor gave him a Lucentis injection 2 weeks ago but the clot has not dissolved yet. The injection was given to him nearly 2 weeks after he was diagnosed. Was it too late for the injection. Is it normal that the blood clot hasn't dissolved yet? will it eventually dissolve? can he take any other medications? does he need another injection? the blood is actually on a very sensitive area and he can't see in his eye anymore. Will he regain the vision again?
Please let me know what do you think.
Lucentis and Avastin have enabled us to help people that we could not help at all in the past but they are not cure-alls, don't always work and often just stop the vision from getting worse but not make it better.  Only time will tell, as they say 'results vary". Discuss with his Eye MD

JCH III MD