Eye color change due to injury
I have heard that injury's to the eye can cause a change in eye color ,so i was wounding what type of injury could cause iris discoloration and how does the injury actually effect the iris to cause this change in color?
Simple things like a corneal abrasion do not cause an iris color change. The most common reason for a change in iris color is corneal clouding. The cornea can become hazy due to fluid build-up, scarring, or blood-staining after injury or disease. In such cases, the underlying iris appears to be of a different color, but this is due to the overlying corneal haze.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.