Eye color vision change
Hello. I am 20 years old and I have a question about my color vision changing. I noticed that every once and a while I will notice that one eye sees everything in a shade of red, while the other eye seems to see colors normally. I can tell colors apart but if I was looking at a white piece of paper or a white wall, one eye will see it (and all other things) in a shade of red. This also happens sometimes when I wake up in the morning. If i'm laying on my left side, then my left eye will see things in a shade of red. If i turned on the right side, after a while my right eye will see in a shade of red. It goes away after a while (it lasts for about 10 min. when i notice it) but I dont know what it is. I also dont know if it's something I should worry about.
That is a symptom that should be looked into. Especially in women where color "blind" problems are minimal. I suggest you see an Eye MD physician ophthalmologist for a comprehensive exam. When you have the exam ask for a color vision test of each eye separately and an Amsler grid test.

JCH III MD
I was also wondering if diabetes causes color blind problems and if this sounds like a diabetes symptom. Im not overweight but I'm not an active person and wasn't sure. I'll probably make an appointment with an MD just to make sure, but was wondering if you could give me some insight.
Diabetes does not cause color blindness. It can cause diabetic retinopathy. Patients with severe diabetic eye disease and very poor vision may have some difficulty telling faint differences in colors.

Diabetes can cause variable vision because it can cause the eye to be nearsighted one week, farsighted the next.

JCH III MD