Eye concern
Had an eye test a couple of months ago and the optician noticed what he said was like a pinprick sized build up of dead cells on the back of my eye. He said that he would expect to see it in someone of 69 but not my age which is 29. He sent a letter to my doctor to let them know. Thought nothing of it until I received a letter a couple of days ago asking to discuss this with them.

I have been worrying myself and googling this problem but can't seem to find anything about it. Could you shed any light as to what could be wrong with me? I think googling the issue has made me worry even more!!
I wonder if they mean macular degeneration.  You need to see a retinal specialist for this to see what they are talking about.  "dead cells" in the back of the eye makes no sense.

HV
A related discussion, Growth at/in back of eye was started.