Eye-corners secretion/mucus/discharge
Dear Sirs,

I've had secretion/mucus/discharge in both of my eye-corners for 2 or even 3 years. I used to wipe it gently 3 or 4 times a day - so it appears every 3 hours a day approximately. It gets collecting slowly, progressively so if I don't touch it over a day it looks like a ball at the eye-corners.  It's hard to explicitly determine it's colour - white, transparent up to some way. It's like a mucus or a thick secretion. If there is not much of it it gets chewy/sticky sometimes.
I have tried anti-bacterial drops for 10 days, anti-allergy drops for a month and artifical tears for 2 months - that's what my doc prescribed me. Didn't help even a bit. I'm fed up with polish docs cause they give me an impression they would like to say - "there is no more we can do" (I'm not a hypochondriac).

I have oily skin and probably a kind of allergy because every morning i have to clear one's throat (can't blow it out because it drips on my throat). I had acne for a long time, oily skin is still a problem, now when it goes away slowly the eye problem occured (actually for 2 years) and is stressing me out. I'm getting really exhausted with that situation. Almost 25 now.

I'd be grateful if You could help, at least up to some degree.

Best Regards,
Stefaan
see an Eye MD that specializes in external disease/cornea. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH II MD