Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye dilation

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye dilation
For about a week or two, I have noticed that my eyes have been dilating by themselves. They have been dilated very large! I have also noticed that my right eye is dilated more than my left & sometimes when my right eye is dilated my left one wont be! My eyes also feel tight sometimes & when they feel that way, thats when I notice they are dilated. I was just wandering if this is something I should be concerned about & if I need to have it checked out.
Dear mieka0586,

If you have concerns, then you should seek care of an eyeMD.  Pupils do dilate in dim light and constrict in bright light. Because you notice a difference in size, you should get checked.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
A related discussion, eye dilation efects was started.