Eye discoloration
Hello. I have a brown discoloration on the white of my left eye. It appeared last year and I feel so self-conscious about it. My vision is not affected by it. I did see an eye doctor but she said it was just a discoloration, nothing to worry about BUT I'm still nervous about it. I just want it gone but i doubt anything can be done about it. Am I being overdramatic? Does anyone else share my problem?
These brownish areas (as opposed to yellow) probably represent a nevus of the conjunctiva. A nevus is basically the same as a freckle on your skin. Just like a freckle on the skin there is a remote possibility that these can become a melanoma or a serious type of skin cancer. They merely require observation for growth or darkening. If cosmetically offensive, your ophthalmologist can remove it but you may have a pink spot at that site for some time as there will be a small scar.