Eye Care Community
Eye drooping + twitching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Eye drooping + twitching

Well my left eye has been drooping for years now and every month or two it twitches and it doesn't hurt though. Here is the thing, I don't wanna say what I have cause I don't wanna seem like a doctor and I also don't wanna make this very urgent because it's not making me blind. However I am slightly worried about it.
A droopy eyelid is called "ptosis"  if it was not present at birth and comes on latter it is called "acquired ptosis".. The most common cause is age and stretching of the tissues. However there are some very serious diseases like myasthenia gravis that can cause it.

I would suggest seeing a oculoplastic surgeon to investigate the causes and also to discuss surgical repair.

The twitching is usually "myokymia"  use the search feature to read about this problem.

You can find an oculplastic surgeon at www.aao.org

JCH MD