Eye Care Community
Eye feels swollen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Eye feels swollen

I had lasik about 2 years ago and have had no problems until recently. For the past few months my left eye feels swollen....almost like it is a lead ball in my eye socket. I went to my lasik surgeon and he did all the normal test...glaucoma, eye pressure, tear film for dry eye....everything was normal and my vision is 20/20 in both eyes. But my eye gets worse every day. The doctor prescribed glasses for computer and reading since I am nearing 40 and he says that it seems to be eye strain, but I am not convinced. My eye hurts the minute I wake up and does not get better when I am not reading or working on the computer. I have been getting headaches behind this eye, and have now started to feel pressure next to my nose (sinus?) Some days are worse than others, but seems to be getting worse overall. The other day I took an allergy pill and it seemed to help......I thought I had solved my problem, but today when I took one, I noticed no difference. My eye slightly teary, if that makes sense? I find myself blinking very hard to get that teary feeling out of it.
The other thing I notice is that my eyes don't seem equal a far as sensing color....almost like I looked into the sun with the eye that is bothering me and things look darker out of that eye. Does anyoe have any idea if this may be a sinus infection, or something more serious? Why didn't may eye doctor see anything of concern??? HELP! The headaches are really starting to affect my life
Be careful of pills and eye drops that you need daily. Rule of thumb, if you need it daily it's not working. A healthy remedy is to put a tea bag in hot water for one minute, place it in a paper towel, let it cool off a minute, then place it on each eye alternating every few minutes. Your attitude on the situation will affect the outcome, so stay positive and trust your instincts. You may want to use green tea. Drinking Chamomile relaxing tea at night will help keep your nerves in order. I'll pray for you. Have a wonderful life.
You need a cycloplegic refraction to make sure you are not slightly farsighted.

Dr. O.
Could farsightedness be causing this type of problem? Why does my eye hurt when I wake up? It always hurts regardless if I am reading close up or far away. I feel like it is something more.......why when I take Advil does my eye feel better? I did fill a prescription for reading glasses and I will give them a try, but I guess I am not convinced.