Eye infection?
About 2 weeks ago, I began to have a funny feeling around my right eyelid and cheek.  It felt like a sunburn that got progressively worse over the next 5 days.  There were no outward signs of infection or sores - just irritating itchiness and generalized soreness.  I woke up on the sixth day with swelling under my right eyelid.  I began a treatment of amoxicillin that did not do anything - the swelling and itchiness and pain kept increasing.  I went to the doctor who told me it sounded like sinus infection as I had begun to feel facial pressure and pain in my nose.  I have not had any other typical sinus related problems such as nasal congestion.  She put me on augmentin.  The problem continued to get worse and I began to have a swollen and incredibly painful lymph node behind my right ear - and I went to an ENT 2 days later.  He also thought it sounded sinus related and put me on prednisone with the augmentin.  The swelling began to subside.  After 4 days on the steroid, the swelling is mostly gone, the lymph node doesn't hurt, but the itchiness and minor swelling under my eye continue.  I am waking up with a new symptom - very minor crustiness in the eye.  Other than that, the inner part of my eye does not seem to be affected.  Can you shed some light on to what might be the problem?  I never bought into the sinus infection and thought all along I needed to see an opthomologist!  Thanks for your help!
All those anitibiotics can promote growth of resistent organisms. If the eye looks infecte3d see and ophthalmologist find one at www.aao.org

JCHMD