Eye infections and blindness...
I went to the doctor about a week ago, and he said that I have some sort of conjuctivitis and inflammation in my eyes. He said that I did not have dry eyes, and that my corneas looked good. I am taking Tobradex for my eye infections 3 times a day (antibiotic/steroid ointment). I was looking for some more information about my infection and I saw that some people can go blind! What kind of eye infections cause blindness? This is my second day using the ointment, and my eyes still feel scratchy and dry in the corners. My follow up appointment isn't until the 25th and I wanted some information about blindness. Who is at risk for blindness due to eye infections?

Also, my eyes are no longer as red, and don't produce tears like they have been. But they do feel somewhat scratchy and burn in the inner corners still.
For most people the possibility of going blind from conjunctivitis is remote like dying from the common cold.  If you still need reassurance call your ophthalmologists office and ask them.

JCH MD