Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye injury

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye injury
I have a friend that was wrestling with another friend last week.  He said she was pressing on his eyes.  The inside corners of his eyes are red and one of his eyes now looks crossed.  It has been 5 days and I am concerned for him.  He doesn't seem too concerned.  Does he need medical attention?  He said he is light sensitive and there is a little pain.
I'm not as concerned about the redness or that he looks crossed eyed to you (usually an illusion based on the blood covering the white of the eye as long as he doesn't have double vision.  The sensitivity to light and pain is not normal however and he may have traumatic iritis or inflammation in the eye.  Have him see an ophthalmologist within the next couple of days to make sure he is OK.  Find one near him at www.aao.org.

HV