Aa
A
A
Close
Eye irritation and redness that won't go away
I am a 19 year old female who has been wearing contacts for over 7 years, and has never had serious eye complications. About 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with conjunctivitis in both eyes.
For almost two months I had experienced symptoms of eye redness, and it felt as if I had a loose contact or eyelash floating around in my right eye. The severity of the irritation varied over the two moths. I did not think that I had an eye infection so I continued to wear my contacts, and the redness and irritation worsened. When I finally went have my eyes examined by an ophthalmologist, she said that the irritation was because the nerve endings in my eyes were exposed. While I have been taking Zymar drops for almost 3 weeks straight and wearing only glasses, my right eye still feels as if I have an eyelash in it. Is this just a really bad infection, or is something else going on with my eyes?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
711220 tn?1251894727
The eyelash feeling sensation is called a "foreign body sensation" and indicates a surface problem in you eye.   You need to see your ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources