Eye migraine?
I have been seeing a jagged line (like a lightning bolt), one white and one black (together) flashing quite brightly in the left side of my left eye.  It lasts about 20 minutes and is preceded by looking at a bright computer screen.  It takes up the entire outer edge of my eye and move towards the top of my eye before going away.  I was pretty scared till I read your post about eye migraines.  Does this sound like one to you?  I used to have migraine headaches but they're gone now.  I am far sighted.  I have recently noticed a floater, also.  
Use the search feature and archives to read about eye migraines and also transient ischemic attacks. TIAs.  Your problem could represent serious disease of the eye, brain, heart or blood vessels.

See an Eye MD ophthalmologist physician. FInd one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD
Thank you so much for the important feedback.  I will go and see an ophthalmologist as soon as I can.  I searched high and low on the Internet using the information you gave to me, and the article (part of) I found below seems to represent what I went through. The only difference is the color.  Mine was pale/pastel along with a black line.

From:  http://www.customdesignpostcards.com/articles8/ocular-migraine-a-basic-understanding.html
"As mentioned earlier, the most notable symptom of ocular migraine is the unusual visual sensations that block the normal vision to a large extent during the spell. At the earlier stages of an ocular migraine episode, the patient may experience a visual disturbance in his/her peripheral vision, mostly in the form of a jagged, shimmering, semicircular light, pale pastel in color. Within minutes, it expands and becomes more centric to the area of vision, leading to temporary patchy vision loss. Eventually, in another 15-30 minutes, the zigzag pattern travels outwards of the visual field and soon out of the side vision before disappearing completely, leaving the field of view clear again."
The first two ocular migraines I had were simply clear or colorless flashing "facets" of light in the shape of a block-letter C, i.e., semicircular, moving outward as you describe.

My third and last ocular migraine was in COLOR. The "facets" of the "C" were flashing black, brown, green, yellow, and I don't remember what all colors, but several different colors.

I wonder why one was in color and the others not. The only difference was that the colored migraine started in the dark with my eyes closed (when I was getting ready to fall asleep). The others began during daytime with my eyes open. I have no idea if that's relevant.

Nancy T.
the scotoma (blind spots) in migraine come in all sizes, shapes, colors and locations in the field of vision.

JCH III MD