Eye muscle pain
Recently when i wake up in the mornings i have been experiencing pains in my eyes when i look directly up, down, left or right, after a while (i assume more use of the eyes after sleeping) this pain goes away and i can freely look around with my eyes without much pain. My vision seems to be fine up close and at a distance so i am wondering if my eye muscles are tense in the morning causing it to hurt to look around until i use them a bit more causing the muscle to relax.

I am 18 years of age and i do look at computer screens a lot, i look at LCD screens for minimum 5 hours everyday, i dont sit very close to the screens as i am very health concious and wouldnt want to damage my eyes and i sometimes look away from the screen such as taking a break and walking about.
Should I be concerned about this and make an appointment with an optician?
It would be a good idea to see an Eye MD for a exam. FInd one at www.aao.org

Pain on awakening often indicates some exposure of the cornea while asleep (lids crack open and cornea drys) this is especially true if you sleep under a fan or moving air current.

Try using some Refresh-PM (over the counter) in both eyes at bedtime and see if that helps.

JCH II MD