Eye pain, clear membrane ripped
my eyes have been irritated off and on for some time now, i went to the doctor, and they told me i was fine and didnt even have a scratch on my eye surface. well tonight it started to itch really bad so i was rubbing my eye which caused the scathing feeling which started the visit to the doctor. as the pain became worse i went into the bathroom to look in my eye. I saw a thin membrane which was torn half covering my eye, and causing the pain. i then removed this membrane which was attached to the outside edges of my eye socket. i added eye drops to reduce the redness and pain my eye feels better now, but i am not sure if  this is something serious. Thanks.
That condition is usually "chemosis" which is swelling of the conjunctiva due to irritation or injury or allergy. It usually responds to cold compresses and allergy eye drops like Zaditor. Very common in the warm months when pollen is high and also when people get things on their hands and rub in eye (working in the yard/garden is classic).

See an ophthalmologist if it perisits.

JCH MD