Eye Care Community
Eye pain after flashing lights

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Eye pain after flashing lights

When i was at work, in one of our ballrooms at the hotel i work at, some little boy was messing with the lights and his dad went to fix it, in which caused it to start flickering or acting like a strobe, during the brief period, my eyes felt like they were twitching or having muscle spasms, after i left work that afternoon i got on my computer and found that trying to even look at my computer screen for more than ten minutes felt like a task and my eyes have been out of focus and at a slight loss, ive been getting some dizziness, slight neasuea from time to time, head aches as well and some eye strain and pain, this happened last Sunday April 1str, i have an eye appointment on the 16th but still im hoping to find some answers soon to know what the issue is.

Also i know its not good to begin with but before this i was able to sit at the computer for hours with no issues other than of course be it later at night with my eyes getting dry and by that time i would go to sleep, just some added info if that helps, but any advice and information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
There is no way that type of a situation would injure your eyes or cause needing glasses or dry eyes.

If you are prone to migraines or if you have a usual type of seizure disorder it could trigger such a attack but would not the thing to cause you to develop either of these conditions.

JCH MD
oh ok, well i just havent had any problems and it seemed to start that day and i noticed it once i got home and was having troubles, just been unsure, but any idea of what the issue might possibly be? any thing is useful at this rate, thank you for taking the time to respond though.
-