Eye pain and Watering
Over the last year or so I have developed a problem where my left eye wakes me out of bed in the middle of the night in pain and most of the time it's watering too. It feels like I've been rubbing it all over my sheets or something strange like that, but I am sure that's not the case. It seems to be getting worse. It has happened the past two nights and my eye is sore from last night's trauma right now as I type. (Also, this past June I've developed Vitreous Floaters as well. I saw an Ophthalmologist twice in one month who said " no retinal detachment.")

I have recently ruled out Thyroid problems (that runs in my family). But my Endocrinologist thinks my troubles might be more Rheumatic (autoimmune arthritic conditions run in my family too, RA and Reative Arthritis) . I am being treated by a Rheumatologist for osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia. I am concerned though that this eye problem I am having might be somehow connected to a rheumatic problem. I do have a slightly elevated RA factor and a positive ANA, but I haven't received any further arthritic diagnosis.

Do you think it's possible this eye problem I am having could be connected to my arthritis problem? And this of course is just in theory? Or is there another origin for this eye problem I am having that I need to address? Should I bring this up with my Rheumatologist? I am really getting concerned because the pain and frequency are getting more intense. Thanks for your responses in advance.
-Dusty
You may have recurrent erosion syndrome.  See an ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.